created 2014

created 2014

Sunday 15 May 2011

my library

As promised, here are photos of my library




Shocking amount of books
I was going to do a "guess how many"
but didn't have the inclination to count them all.
Its frightening to I think of how much money has been spent on these.
If I say approx £3 each and maybe 300 books
that comes to a small fortune.

Some are going to charity but I can't bear to be parted from all of them
so a trip to Ikea was called for.

Look at what I spotted and hasn't it come in handy


Don't they look cute makes a change from them cluttering the fireplace up
All they need now is a nice comfy cushion to sit on.

They will live in my study once the bookcases are up.

So here is Hep Cat
all finished apart from his tail




I think he looks French with his beret on
Any suggestions for a name ?
I think he's had a few glasses of wine, he needed my help in sitting up.

And here is Benny
Nearly finished
I love the pastel shades that P chose


I think he looks a bit like Robin (out of batman and robin)
With a mask for his eyes poor thing and no mouth.

What is it about finishing faces?

He will be finished by the end of this week I promise
a bit like my bookcases lol




This is our next project






This is my first bambi which I gave away
As I do with most of my projects

So now bambi no2  is on my to do list.

Off now to do the ironing
 I did think about a posting a picture of my ironing pile but who would find that interesting?
If i could just show a picture and then miraculously the ironing would be done hurrah

Thanks once more for all comments











4 comments:

  1. All very nice and I have to admit I love your knitted creations but what about the book shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joan thanks for visiting my blog, wow you have a lot of books, my hubby keeps moaning at me about all the books I have.
    Another thing we have in common is that I was a dispenser for 11 years until I had isla. I worked for a famous chemist from Nottingham, I bet you can't guess where, lol !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan
    I used HAPPY by wendy for the Shawl, it's lovely to work with.
    I won't be returning to dispensing anytime soon, having to much fun at home with Isla-Rose, I suppose I will have to find something to do when she's old enough for school, would prefer something a bit more creative though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO Cute! you are so creative.

    You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete

please leave a message and i will visit your blog to say thankyou
thankyou lol
all messages gratefully received

Cuteki kawaii